Hi all! Here are some notes from the concise 1-hour evening organizer meeting we had tonight.
Critiques about this year:
- organizational work (budget, minutes, etc).
- Having ideas that we’re excited about and not following through
- Follow-throughs on constitutions
- Bringing the roles to life
- Day to day functions of house as more integrated into people’s lives in little ways
- More Grooves
- Reach out to broader community
- Keeping up the MOMENTUM!
Feel-goods about this year:
- Organizational meetings
- Following through on certain things well
- Events – high quality.
- Consistency / organization compared to previous years
- Soil + seeds
Goals for Next Year:
- Dealing with guest room
- Relationship with clubs
- Working toward a Grove House Staff
- Big calendar in chalkboard / digital googlecalendar (more heavily advertised)
- Library for next year
- Rethinking and re-evaluating subcommittees (a constantly revised category fitting to the house. Major meetings can reassess subcommittees and focuses of community attention).
- Aesthetics – changing things for different seasons (integrating with open house!)
All tasks for the end of this year:
- Set up google docs. – communicate with other clubs.
- list all administrative documents from this year and last year
- create a list of folks to keep in touch with (Jennifer, Pam, Drew, Chris, etc).
- keep line of communication open with steering committee
- informal alumni open house – for this year? May 3rd?
- Plan/organize dates for first few events
- Plan what to do with first-years! (coming back early?)
- Excellent open house within the first week.
Plans of action:
- JJ; Kate; Keiko Jessica will or may be here early next fall to organize before the semester starts!
- Nicky – coordinating major first open house (a more consistent event? With pins or )
- Kate, Suriya – coordinating interactive gallery event right away
- Alyssa – (maybe) coordinating swing dance event
- Nicky + JJ – coordinating sunday study (+ snuggle?)
- Friday May 3rd – 6:30 pm. Evening Organizer, JJ’s facilitating
- draft letter to clubs/organizations re: how to throw events/be involved.
- work on budget for next year
- Brunch meeting, exact time TBA but weekend of May 10th, Leonard’s facilitating
- scheduling specific events for next semester.
- Planning a basic curriculum for OA people, first-years, open houses, etc.